Teresa V

A viral revelry
your music wends its way through me
a symphony of memory
wrapped in the innocence
of sleeping children

Your eyes your skin your heart
the flat of your abdomen
and my calm hand
next door tv flashing blue frames on the wall

You and I forever and ever and the
older we grow and the more we know
the less we show

We are who we are
not vampire
made of stars

And at last I admit
that I can do without
your innuendo and my drama so many years driven in between us
cutting through my heart and breaking my bones

Who am I, Teresa?

I am a dragon.
I am a song.
I am a man.
I am a fool.
I am a poem that quickly changes its tune.
I am the alpha and omega.
I am a lover.
I am a friend.

What am I, Teresa?

I am a monster.
I am the passive aggressor.
I am the prayer.
I am the wind.
I am the star.
I am the darkness.

Catfish to God.


Comments