Open. Mind.

It's funny
but I'm not entirely sure

A lifetime
of preparing for you

Has left me cold
and unable to know

if you are open
if you are soul


I'm certain
love goes on

But you
in this prison we call home
somewhere along the way

Can give up

You can just get tired
or maybe the coffee wears off

And shrug
And say

I'm not going to play
and walk off

I think
Our minds.
Get tired.
Sometimes.

Being in a body.
That hurts.

And living in a life.
That does not accomplish much.

I think.
We dream solutions.

And wake to do them.
But the spirit.
Willing.
Flesh.
Weak.

Push us back against the wave
make us lay upon the beach

And slowly
dissolve

racing against gulls
and smashing the castles
against the shore

Do you cry for the lost buildings?
Do you fear for the next turning?

Of tide.
And time.

That wait.
For you.

And.

Me.


Comments