A Forest - The Cure

Comments

Laura Palmer said…


Again, this is rhetorical, but-


-what do you want from me?


It feels like you just really like the taste of my pain. I’m “your favorite slave”.
Slaves get nothing but abuse from their masters. I never gave you consent to do any of this garbage to me.
There’s also a teasing element to the aggression that, combined, reminds me of the propensity young boys (hm) have for relentlessly picking on girls they have crushes on, riling the girl up to (hopefully) an outburst. (Wtf w/ that shit? I still don’t get it.)


What is it you want from me?


Laura Palmer said…


Full disclosure: It made me feel slightly better about my body when I saw that you’d loved a particular photo of a woman’s torso that looked similar to mine. She had an overflowing belly like mine, and her mound was like a pillow, not flat. Those are two areas of my body that I can’t stand. I’ve always been ashamed of my weird, stubbornly non-flat pubic mound and freaked-out-looking flabby belly, & many times I’ve wished I could simply cut them both off. It’s impossible for me not to be secretly really anxious about what a guy’s going to think when he sees and touches my gross, misshapen fat. I know I shouldn’t be like that, but that’s the default setting. It’s hard not to be mean to myself about my body.