WebifyMe.org

This is a project that the open source guys at Mozilla are a part of - I'm not really sure what it is, but I think it's based on the concept that you can set up a page to be , sort of your 'internet desktop'. It's fun to see how other people use the net.

This is mine.

I noticed - in passing, that the buttons 'share on facebook' and 'share on twitter' are of little to no use to me. I've already shared them. Here.

The essence of this 'share' is that it can be hit by you without having to login, backed up, indexed, read, and kept as a journal or ignored. It will not be washed over with advertisements or lost in a stream of polysynaptic 140 character utterances.

There are some drawbacks, of course. You can't instant chat with me, and interrupt whatever it was that I was doing. You don't have pictures of me on a 'wall', that you can use to look at . If you want to see me, you can use my always on - organically powered full 3d ultra high resolution image and sound with light speed transport connection - full audio/tactile interactivity with both haptic and thermal interface. Namely. We can meet for nice hot cup of coffee.

Totally sick, huh?

Comments