A Worker's Confessional

My productivity is nearly zero
I can't seem to solve any problem they give me

I surf the net, when I can't seem to focus
and it doesn't help

I check social networking sites
and mail accounts
I read Craigslist
Sometimes I get lucky and find a deal
or something worthwhile

Gas is expensive and I drive
Every day to be here
And somehow they pay me
But I'm not sure exactly why

And then, as I write
I remember that I actually have something to do
Maybe a blog is just an internet version of graffiti
But focus returns
and I stop writing
and quit surfing
and go get done
what I need to do

But I swear to God there are times
when I seriously wonder
if the internet is helping anything at all

But I'm leaving at five
and thankful
that you're
that kind of girl

kind of girl..

Comments