Rock

There is a rock
next to a sea

Each day the ocean
destroys it

There is a beach
at the shore

And when you grow up
You will be there
Scattered

Your Demons
Defeated

And all the non believers
shattered
next to the plans they have made

And there is a rock
still there

Black
And strangely cool
to the touch

Throw me a bone here
into the sky

Let it fall back down to me
as a spacecraft

For I am damned
and an image
upon your skin

And sometimes I get the feeling
that it will all wash away

And then the sharks return
and I climb to dry land

And kiss the ground
my flippers turn to hands

And I love you with all my heart
their misery and hate will kill us all
except for the little circle of flesh
within me that I transform

Into a beating heart
that still beats

For you
Alone


Just a fragment left of you now
but it's a hologram


Thank you Karl Pribram

Comments