Beating Yourself Up

I fell this weekend, and cut my leg / bruised my thigh and cut up my hands. I was running hard, away from a wall of color coming at me (at a festival, my daughter was trying to throw color in my hair and I didn't want to be bright pink).

I tried to bank hard left running at full speed. I was wearing very old shoes and they slipped and I flipped end over end and hit the concrete on my right side. I rolled instinctively (years of skateboarding paying off) and broke the fall on my right side coming over with my left hand. The hand hit the ground so hard I couldn't feel anything in it. I was bleeding pretty bad.

Later that night we tried to raid Bastion of Twilight and a particular combination of drakes were up. I had completed this fight before, but not really thinking things out - I realized later , after multiple epic fail - that the fight really was different than the one I'd done. I was pretty upset about not being able to interrupt a spellcast that seemed to cause alot of damage to the group.

Until I found out it had a .25 second spellcast time later on the next day.

I'm tired of feeling like this. I am upset at being beaten and bruised. All I really want to do is work, today. The day dawned cold and gray. Some days are diamonds.

Some days are coal.

Comments

Laura Palmer said…


“…And you know why you can’t have this…

…yes, it’s because you’re All Wrong”