Ambarnath

Ambarnath is a small township of 200,000 people, rought, near Bombay, India. Situated near a small mountain, it is a beautifully planned city of small bungalows that has recently expanded to higher priced real estate, and apartment buildings.

In 1983 women who lived in a circle outside of town, suddenly began committing suicide. Within the short space of a few months, most of the stay-at-home wives that lived in the area had killed themselves.

A person I know recalls her own mother's death.

"I went into the kitchen, and found my mother on fire. She had wrapped herself in layers of nylon, then used the stove to light them. I was burned trying to save her. The flames were too strong."

To this day no one knows exactly why these women killed themselves. One by one, and by different methods - they died. Why?

Comments

Anonymous said…
THE HAPPENING
I don't know. this place was military. The wives were all military. I think.

I sort of have this on the back burner. The happening , if I recall - was about something in the air.

This is probably more of a water thing. Arsenic? maybe. Not sure.
I am hoping to turn this into a wikipedia article if I can verify it all.