Awaken

In dark water I rise
following the smallest silver bubble
Liquid nitrogen in my blood
at the edge of boil
Embolism averted

I hear the sound of native america


At sunrise
I slowly pull myself forward
against the wall of sleep
My breath paced
to a ragged gray dawn

I hear the sound of native american drums

In my eyes
reflect the words

I love you

The fragments of love and self
made obsolete
by age and time
break away

I hear the sound of native american war call

New skin
Pink
flawed
re indexing to your scent
and color and pattern

I see the color of the leaves on the trees
I feel the wind
and your words glow
seeing them
like staring into the sun

To pull myself up
from a long slow dream
into your arms

Against the cold of space
I fall into myself

I hear the sound of native american dancing

And spread outward
two wings
that have long since forgotten how to fly

The air is cold
but the sun is warm

It is a good day
to be alive

Comments