Under a Killing Moon - Echo and the Bunnymen

Comments

Laura Palmer said…



At the door, your nurse looked up at me and asked me pointedly how many times I’d been to your house, ready to belittle me. I spoke calmly to her, and she silently looked down at her phone, beginning to text someone. She drifted away from the open door, across the living room. Presently, I stepped quietly over the threshold. If your nurse told you I “forced my way in”, she wasn’t telling you how that really went down, possibly because she didn’t want you to know she walked away and left the door wide open with me standing there. I’ve never detailed that moment for you, so I thought I would.

You were hiding, feral, close by in the neighborhood underbrush, like an animal.
Not a domesticated animal, though. Lately I tend to think more highly of animals, though, the more I know about people.

You even dealt me a bunch of the same poetry cards as all the others. This hand of mine is so bad, there’s an Old Maid card in it.
Are you in reality Black Jacques Shellac, or Nasty Canasta? LOL