The adventure that is my life

I have a very good life and I am very thankful for it. It really is an advanture in the truest Feynman sense.

I have obligations, debts, and people who have made investments in me. This is the life of a person running their own business. Its not an easy life. Most of the time I spent bathed in adrenaline . The payoff is extremely high, however. Most people will tell you

I am an ex-punk rocker. That was and is an adventure that still goes on. Someone who really isn't interested in all your sex lies and videotape. I am more into the edgy aspects of the world. I don't care what you think of me. I am not surprised you think I am younger than I am. I can spend Friday nights watching BBC "Planet Earth" and eating pizza as easily as spending it in a mosh pit.

When I was young, as a punk - I learned that if they fall down, hook their arm and throw them back into the slamdance. Whoever jumps into the mosh pit. Catch them.

These past two years have been tough. I see daylight through the swirl of dark ash laden wind. It looks like a dull white orb against a burned sky. I can almost hear Pink Floyd's shine on you crazy diamond. Instead. I hear this.

My daughter is sitting next to me right now, offering enchantments in World of Warcraft, as a little side business she runs. She has learned to deal with customers that way. The tornado sirens sounded for my neighborhood. I will head down into the basement with my children.

Soon as she runs out of mats. My son wants me to write a newspaper article about a bowl of vegetable soup. That is able to talk. Welcome to the adventure that is my life.

Comments

M@ said…
An ex-punk. So you're white? I had friends from Baltimore I was just thinking about this morning who were punks....

I once had to view a documentary on Henry Rollins that lasted 2.5 hours. Afterward, I thought i was in the clear but they wanted to DISCUSS it.
Anonymous said…
I like Carpenter. I will give this as present.