Eyes

Dilated
they take in light

We see so much in our world
So Much in others

I
Turn the camera to me
And take a picture of my chest
Spending all my time Internet Dating
Caring for others that I do not know
Seeing
Images
Displayed
From
Around the World

You
Look into the mirror
And see what I see
Maybe the rolling hills
So impossibly, perfectly green
The improbable blue sky
And you
Your hair catching the light
Maybe
You have too much weight
Your nose is too big
One Breast
Is a different size

But you see yourself
through your own eyes

Soft Silent Light
Like a wave
Rods
Cones
Animal Mind
Boiling off electrons like so many charge coupled devices

Light
Dies
We look for it in the dark
It brings us all life
And still
Not finding it
We grow white
and eventually
we become blind

Eyes
were the first thing we invented
because light doesn't make a sound
and so
we used it
to sneak up upon things
and girls
and sunrise

Last night I saw
Four Eagle Scouts
Standing together
Unprecedented, for the pack
And they spoke of their accomplishments as young men
And then, we roasted them
And as the ceremony was over
Someone kindly pointed out
That one of them was blind
It blew my mind

For a moment
oh, for a moment
then
I thought I glimpsed
biolumescence

Comments