Romeo and Juliet - Dire Straits

A love-struck Romeo sings the streets a serenade
Laying everybody low with a love song that he made
Finds a street-light, steps out of the shade
Says something like, "You and me babe, how about it?"


Juliet says - Hey Romeo, you nearly gave me a heart attack -
He's underneath the window, and she sings - Hey la, my boyfriend's back.
You shouldn't come around here singing to people like that...
Anyway, what you gonna do about it?"


Juliet, the dice was loaded from the start
And I bet when you exploded into my heart
And I forget the movie song.
When you gonna realize it was just that the time was wrong?


Come up on different streets
both streets of shame.
Both dirty, both mean
in the dream just the same
And I dreamed a dream for you
and now the dream is real.
How can you look at me as if
I was just another one of your deals?


When you fall
fall for silver,
You can fall for chains of gold,
You can fall for pretty strangers
And the promises they hold.
Promise everything
promise me thick and thin
Now you just say, "Romeo? Yeah, I used a scene with him".


You said, I love you like the stars
I'll love you until I die.
There's a place for us
When you gonna realize
it was just that the time was wrong?


I can't do a love song, like the way it's meant to be.
I can't do everything, but I'll do anything for you.
I can't do anything, except be in love with you!
And all I do is miss you and the way we used to be.
All I do is keep the beat
and bad company.
All I do is kiss you through the bars of a rhyme,


And a love-struck Romeo sings a street-suss serenade
Laying everybody low with a lovesong that he made
Finds a convenient streetlight, steps out of the shade
He says something like, - You and me babe, how about it?

Comments