Savannah

This is for you
and all that you do
to your body
your family
your friends
your meth dealer
and the guy on the corner

First, ok
You're a nice person
you made a few mistakes
stealing a credit card
and buying ten things
counts as ten felon counts
but hey, lets count our blessings
at least you're eating again
after all that methamphetamine

Savannah
I saw a picture of you
wet, straight hair and thin face
white skin, soft eyes
I thought to myself
somewhere deep inside
part of you
is alive
maybe a little girl that plays
in the place where you drifted away
from the shining metal box
that awaits
all good girls who graduate

It's ok to blind the pain
but you should feel the hunger
if your plan is to let the body eat itself
remember to drink some water

The police were at my door today
At least someone
dressed up, carrying a gun
and a picture of you
holding a number

Come visit me sometime
Savannah
You can trust me
I am still here
And this blog
Is the safest place to be
When zombies attack

Comments