Valerie

A balance of dark and light , simple and bright
you are the New Yorker
and I read between the lines

Today , Frida Kahlo's birthday
I give as a gift
the part of me that is still afraid
the part of you that lives
and whispers of eternal life
looking up at the stars
we color outside the line
the edges of life, blurred
I remember the moment I first held my child
and surfed my first whitewater

the physics of who we are
is the geometry of what we become
this , whispered into my ear
in the dark
tracing arc of a perfect curve
a memory
and the touch of skin
proof that a man, and a woman can be friends
especially when she wears special clothing

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice entry but why is it called Valerie?
It's called Valerie because the name Valerie means strength.
Anonymous said…
Sounds like it has more meaning than just being about strength.