Surfing Photos from Laguna Beach

Check out my cousin's surf photography. I introduced him to the sport. At least I sort of did, I was surfing about five years in the carribean before he picked it up on the west coast. My uncle surfs too (father jacks surf camp). My other uncle David shot Blue Crush and damn near won an emmy award for it.

It was (is) a real moment of pride for us that the first film that was shown in Afghanistan after the lift of the Taliban from Kandahar was this film. I was kind of stoked to imagine girls in burkas heading out to see this film - it was actually based on an Outside Magazine article called 'surfer girls of maui'. If you've never read Outside,.. do. Its still got pretty decent writing. I guess.

I miss the waves... oh well back to work... sigh...

Comments