Memorial Day Treyathlon

Alright. Run Bike Swim. I found the pool off the silver comet trail. Its 3675 Macland Road Powder Springs, GA - I found the best way to get to it. At least I think I have the best way to get there... >:)

Ok, Its silver comet trail (I live on mile 1.2) to mile 8.8 (i think) or where you see the sign that says wild horse creek nature trail or something like that. Peel north and go around and under the bridge and you have 3 miles through terabithia until you get to surburbiabithia + then about a block and you're right in front of a great big soccer field. Now at this point it gets sketchy. There are two ways to go, and I will have to try both to find the one that is the best to bike. The first way is to head north on hopkins road until you get to macfarland, about maybe two miles I guess then north. So the total bike is only maybe like 14 miles or so, not too bad. less than a half hour. The second way is villa rica rd. but i think that is busy I will post if its do-able. These two are road bike routes - There may be a third (mountain bike) route through wild horse creek park and straight onto villa lake, west to old villa rica rd, north and then east on macfarland. The best way to scout this route is with the mtn. bike in case the roads are tough. I will head out there today and see whats up. One thing thats really really neat is that there is a BMX course in the center of Wild Horse. As I posted this I remembered it (proving that blogging does not actually +destroy+ brain cells). Definitely going to mountain bike this mother today. And if I can find the route, I have my Triathlon (Trey-athlon).

Today is memorial day, a really cool holiday because we head off into the freedom of summer by remembering those of us who gave their lives for our country , by grilling hot dogs and hamburgers in the back yard - so, to celebrate, here's Bill Maher..

And finally, New Rule:.. Traitors don't get to question my patriotism. What could be less patriotic than constantly screwing things up for America? You know, it's literally hard to keep up with the sheer volume of scandals in the Bush Administration. Which is why I like to download the latest scandal right onto my iPod. That way, I can catch up on this week's giant fuck-up on my drive in to work. In fact, Bush has so many scandals, he could open a chain of "Bush Scandal and Fuck-up" theme restaurants. "Ooh, should I get the Harriet Miers meatloaf or the Katrina crab cakes?

You know, not to generalize, but the 29% of people who still support President Bush are the ones who love to pronounce themselves more patriotic than the rest of us. But just saying you're patriotic is like saying you have a big cock. If you have to say it, chances are it's not true.

Happy Memorial Day.

Comments