Because you will read this anyway

You're going to read this one day. I don't know who you are, and I am not sure that you really know who I am. You might be another brother, mother, father, lover, friend. Whoever you are, you'll read this one day. It's too easy to find things on the net. It's too easy not to think anymore - just search or copy or block everything out with nonstop lights music and sound. So you'll stumble across this one day, and I wanted you to know a few things that I couldn't tell you anywhere else.

First, try to understand this place is here because we can be fooled more easily than we think - we can be misled - and we can simply leave truth hanging on the wall and head over to style over substance - we are all weak.

Then, if you can - I want you to take a look around and see some aspect of nature - some element of the real world. Look carefully. All things are the cooperating causes of all things which exist - elements transmute and do not struggle against each other. Remember you are alive and that life is precious in the universe - very rare, very valuable. How many worlds are dead. One shining world where the triple point of water is found. Where life can be sustained for a brief moment until a comet shatters its existence. Again.

And then remember that I am only trying to warn those that listen to me - and to warn myself. I'm only trying to discover the origin of things. I am adapting myself into the environment in which I am cast.

I am curious about the origin of life. I am curious about you. Your wants. Your needs. That you draw a breath is a form of magic to me. There is but one harvest of earthly existence, a holy disposition and neighborly acts.

Craigslist is open, and free. Go there. Learn how to keep it clean and make sure those who would corrupt it are gone. Unlock your cellphone. It doesn't take much time. But it forces those who would tether everything to make the internet into what it needs to be. An open, interoperable place of electric community.

Somehow our paths have crossed and one day mine will end. If it isn't right - don't do it. If it isn't true, don't say it.

The secret of all victory lies in the organization of the non-obvious. What you want. Or what you need. Go find it.

And if you have found anything here. Let me know. But here will be gone one day. On my desk is a picture of Florida. As viewed from outer space.

It is my way of saying thank you. I look on it occasionally - the water is blue - the land is barely there. One large enough wave and the entire place would be gone. But that world is where you came from. And so I live my life thankful that you are still alive.

Pay it forward.

Comments