What is Different Now

I am still the same. My life is still the same. But I have a vivid image of where I am and where I am going and I am less afraid of death. Life is a form of miracle. And it is for the living, no matter how much pain or anxiety it brings.

Love transcends time and space. Sort of like faith. Which is why the Bishop of London was so pure, in his speech to William and Kate. Set the world on fire, but not the fire that burns and destroys. Maybe. St. Elmo's Fire...


I have made mistakes in life, love - and very rarely - on the golf course. I am someone who is willing to invest in something that might not pay off. I know what you're thinking. "Of course. You play Golf. You're perfectly willing to waste your time hitting a little white ball all over the place and not getting anything for it. Thank you, Captain Obvious".

To which I will reply. No. I have been undergoing sort of a radical change these past two weeks. A serious change. Naturally a woman is behind it all. I understand how incomplete I am - how imperfect. This is not a criticism, as much as it is simply a rule and a guide for where I need to go. I am pretty sure that where she wants me to go, is to do the dishes...




And so in the spirit of admitting and correcting things, I am going to say that the series "Dark Shadows" - for no reason at all , terrifies me. The very thought of it makes me break out into cold sweat. Tim Burton and John Depp's new film is something that I am going to see. But I am very secretly going to be completely terrified of almost all of it. I don't know why. I just know. This has been going on since I was four. I thought the vampire's name was "Barrabas".

Mother's Day looms large for the weekend. I have decided to make Mother's day into a Weekend. Not a day. This is a permanent change from here out. So. If you're a mom. Happy Mother's Day.*



*If you're not, and you want to be,...I would be more than happy to help you with that.

Comments