I am officially addicted to WoW
I plan to submit myself to the nearest "WoW Anonymous" group, where I will sit in a circle with people who are suffering from the same affliction, in the earnest hope that, by following a 12 step program of recovery, I will be able to get near a WoW client and not end up playing for two hours at a time. At present, I am losing weight, and in danger of becoming a skeleton at the keyboard with cobwebs hanging from me. Late at night, of course. When no one will notice I am gone until morning. They will just find me there.. a skele-ton.... I can see it now. Have. to stop . now!
Some ideas for keeping me from playing:
- Changing my password on my game machine, and providing it to you-know-who.
- Chaining myself to the workstation in my home office
- Staring at a candle flame and repeating the words "I am cured", in a dark room
- Taking substances for it, such as a cold glass of milk, refreshing spring water, or sweet nectar (this is an inside joke).
- Hiring a WoW de-conditioning trainer, who will teach me how to play for only five minutes
I recently duo'd the deadmines, which is supposed to be very, very hard to do and my character is so overloaded with epic loot that I couldn't even keep the existing enchant items I had. I was trying to solo and ended up pairing with a strong character and we annhilated that place. She was a dranei.
The deadmines and VC were just amazingly difficult. There was an art to this place, things you would want to do at certain moments. We made mistakes. I wasn't ready to do it. Every time I asked "what is the plan" she would say .. "Kill". It worked. :) hail kitsune!
Ok now I really know I am addicted. I am talking about WoW to people who could care less. I heard that if you played you might try to use the word "goblin" in a sentence. Please +donate+ to World of Warcraft anonymous. Save your fellow man! Or woman.
I will probably delete this post. I am posting it to remind me that I'd better get something done for someone I know or she'll be high and dry... its a confession. And yes, I really am addicted. But not hopelessly. I think..