For Ms. Holloway

In a way
we all
keep rare flowers in our office
cut them back
feed them
turn them to the light
breathe poison into them
and they return oxygen
light presence
and other semi-permanent marks

Just for kicks
I seem to recall
red pens
falling
onto an empty passengerside
I wondered if
I should stop
Think about
the glancing blow that landed too hard
the one I got
from my best friend
the drops
one by one
falling on the shore
of a lost weekend

What goes on in that head of yours, Ms. Holloway?
six cuts up your leg
you am more alone
than anyone can say

Yes I was into posting record lyrics
no I wasn't looking for paint it black
I was looking for Gimme shelter

You're fired.

One more thing
The next time you remove
from these rare and beautiful things
that which moves beneath the surface
killing it
an pinning it to an office memorandum
I will ...

And thats when it hits
I don't like it.

What. Goes. On. Inside. That. Head . Of. Yours ? Ms. Holloway

See me in my office.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I so totally think this poem cuts into what secretary was really all about.

Good work.