What I'm going to do today.

I had a blower motor burn out on me a few weeks ago. I'm going to take apart my AC and see if I can fix the motor. Outside, the external unit is going when you cut on the AC but inside the fan just slows down and eventually dies so its pretty obvious its the motor thats the issue. There's this thing that looks like a battery pack on the side, that has two same-color wires leading into it. I learned thats the capacitor. I am not sure exactly how it works with the fan, but I replaced that, hoping it would help - it didn't. This repair is going to take guts. I will likely spin the motor unit off with allen wrenches then just stare at it until I figure out what to do. Hopefully I will be able to find pretty standardized parts. One thing that really kills projects like this , is when you run into proprietary parts. Thats why I am going to buy a Tesla and not a Ferrari. Almost everything on the Ferrari is made in Italy and tricky to get replaced - cars like that can be a real bitch. One time on my 750 I stopped off at this precision lube place and they topped off my brake fluid. Little did I know that the brake system for a 750 uses a hydraulic system almost identical to large tractor trailer rigs - this really high powered hydraulic setup meant to stop the car at high speed . It used a type of fluid called CHF 7.1, and not the regular pink stuff. They even made it light green so you could see the difference. Every single seal in the car's hydraulic system rotted out. Fuck.

So anyway, I'm pretty sure I can pull this off.

Another thing I would like to do before I go to a party at 12 is that I would like to make sure my cat's leg is ok, and remove the reason why it got hurt. We have a stray that orbits my home - a big tom with a notched ear we call meatball. I want to try to figure out a way that I can catch him and then maybe drive him off to someplace like the woods behind AD's (cute of me, huh..) house and let him go. He slashed my cat's leg so bad it almost needed stitches, well - actually it +did+ need stitches but I just took a pair of cuticle scissors, wrapped the cat up in a towel and cut open what little of the abscess I could find. Normally with a deep cut I would have packed first neosporin and then cayenne pepper, later re-packing with only cayenne. But in this case I was mystified as to what I really needed to do - the cat's foot had swollen - to a gross monstrosity of a foot, almost double its normal size. I took a needle and jabbed around in the fur, trying to find the location of any other abscess - the first one that I drained after cutting his skin open - didn't drain enough. The blood was red, however, so oxygen was getting to it. I figured best thing to do was cut that out after about three or four fast strikes to his foot - this was no time for amateur vetrinary technique. Still no real way to find out why the foot was so huge. Looking at him, I decided to do one last thing. I shaved the area around the cut. Now this seemed to bother him worse than the attempt to drain the abscess - don't ask me why. But I shaved up far enough along his leg to be able to see another abraded area - still nothing pronounced enough to be an abscess (my one trick pony solution, being to drain them). At this point, however, the cat finally broke free and ran away and I decided I was out of my league. Somehow, the next day, the swelling had gone down and the healing had begun. Shaving seems to help them get their tongue on it.

At any rate, I'll cage the tom somehow.

The real thing I am looking forward to, is to find some moment today to get some real work done. For some reason wednesday to friday I ended up with my productivity dropping to almost zero. I hate that. So setting aside some time to really focus and get all the loose ends tied up. Saturday is a great day to put in a really fierce half-day.

When I get my own office building I want to be there every saturday morning early and be the only one in the office so I can longboard the place and get stuff done with no one around to distract me.

Speaking of which, the repair to the effing AC was supposed to be 500.00 bucks but with this 80.00 part I got off craigslist and a little gutsiness I'm going to get the thing repaired + then if I do, I am getting the longboard. I want something with good, fast bearings and hopefully 60 to 80 durometer wheels for street riding. Nervous about those things, don't know how they handle speedwobble. I have some serious hills where I live. But I think its time to get back on this horse and ride it. So, in my little world of ethics saving about 900.00 bucks on vet bills and AC repairs qualifies me to drop 100.00 bucks on myself.

He who laughs last, laughs loudest.

Comments

Thinker Me said…
... or is so exhausted that doesn't get to laugh at all...
I was so stoked to feel cool fresh air blowing through all the floors of my home I took the kids to get icecream.

Lets recap here - about the kitten's first aid (shaving his leg so he can clean it) , and doing a good job on a blower motor.
And not catching that elusive cat.



1. I got a cool blowjob
2. Shaved the kitty so its easier to lick
3. Partied hearty
4. Still didn't get any pussy..
ok that was silly. The truth is, I couldn't track down that pussycat and catch him because it was raining.

I'm going to set something up with rope out there and when or if he comes back I'll get him

because my cat just had kittens
and I need to keep them safe.

ignore that last comment it was way too cute.
Thinker Me said…
Or way too YOU. I liked it.