Steppin' Out - The Andrews Sisters


We planted flags on the graves of soldiers this morning. It was a very old cemetery. The children don't really understand.

Later today we ran into my daughter's orchestra conductor. He was in the video store with a dark eyed woman. I shook his hand and asked him where I could find a Cello. He offered us one of his, that my daughter might use for the summer to practice. She got a perfect 100 on her music this year, and played first Cello for the orchestra.

Her best song is John Williams "Air, and Simple Gifts" based on a shaker song of a similiar line.

Cello always sounds so sad. I hope she doesn't take life too seriously. There were a lot of graves there in the Cemetery that didn't have any names on them. Fallen. Unknown soldiers. A stone in the ground with a number and the word - adult.

Happy Memorial Day.

Comments