Lords of Dogtown


I get my board today. W00t

Comments

this fucker is long. when they say longboard they mean it. Its an envy 46" like, longer than a meter-10.

Fast as hell. Good wheels. good bearings. good trucks. Deck sucks.
I think I'm going to hunt down a new deck for the hell of it.

I probably want a 40, so I can do tricks. A ligher 40 or so.
This is a good start though. I will carve downhill on it later today.
Thinker Me said…
How was the downhill adventure?
Awesome . I had to kind of get used to the board, at first it was awkward now I love it. Its an ENVY, with 72D's the bearings are great.

This thing rip carves the hills + if you just set it on the ground and touch it with your hand, it rolls. like. 12 feet. The bearings are +that+ good. Probably german. There was a company called AZF that made great ones. I will take it apart tonight and find out.



At first I thought the deck was kind of lame because its basically a snowboard design but after getting some turns in while I was talking with a friend mine I made recently - someone I +really+ dig and so while I'm sort of going casual on it the trucks broke in nicely. When my cellphone died I decided to hit one of the bigger hills.

It was like. a 45 mph hill I think, kind of short, and u-shaped, where it goes back up again? We have some nice homes and streets where I live so I decided to hit that one. At first I picked up just a hint of speed wobble but I weighted the front and sure enough it went away. This is +the+ downhill speed board.


I have I know a 75 mph hill to run, and a 60 so I am going to try for the 60 tomorrow.

After I just kicked back on the driveway with my daughter leaning against the board, all of us. Talking.

Totally at peace.
It was a missing part of me.
It won't return all at once.
But it came back. Strong.

Gonna pull out my bluetooth tho. for that next run because I'm going to hit the sixty if I am lucky enough to call my friend again + I don't want to be effing with a cellphone.

Tonight its time for some sk8 love.
Take the bearings out. Clean. Set them with a really good paraffin-based lube (you can get it at cycle shops, just a few drops - its a dry kind of lube + it works wonders). Tune the trucks (but just ever. so. slightly , the board is tuned up nicely)

This is the whole reason I hang out on Craigslist, man. I once picked up one of my old desks and sold it, and I got fucking 1,000.00 for it, it was some kind of Ludovich or Mies Van De Roe type danish modern desk that some guy nearly flipped out to get.


And now I go back? And I find an awesome downhill bomber for 70 bucks.

Ok. so. Time for me ... and mah.. leadin' ... lady ... lova... to head down stairs...

Where. I'm going to . Use my... tool... on her... she'll get all lubed up...

Then tomorrow. I'll spend tomorrow evening with a fast girl getting some serious work done. While you party your most decidedly hot latina ass right off. We will see who has more fun. I will take +pictures+


ENVY is SICK
:)
Thinker Me said…
ENVY sounds DELICIOUS! Good for you. I mean it.