Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) - Jimi Hendrix

Well, the night I was born
Lord I swear the moon turned a fire red
Well my poor mother cried out lord, the gypsy was right!
And I seen her fell down right dead
(have mercy)

Well, mountain lions found me there waitin'
And set me on an eagle's wing
He took me past to the outskirts of infinity,
He gave me a venus witch's ring


And he said fly on, fly on
Because Im a voodoo chile, baby, voodoo child

Well, I make love to you,
And lord knows you'll feel no pain
Say, I make love to you in your sleep,
And lord knows you felt no pain


cause I'm a million miles away
And I'm right here in your picture frame

Well my arrows are made of desire
From far away as jupiter's sulphur mines
I have a humming bird / hums so loud,
You'd think you were losing your mind


Well I float in liquid gardens
Way Down in Arizona New Red Sand
Well, I taste the honey from a flower named blue,
Way down in California land
And New York drowns as we hold hands


'Cause I'm a Voodoo Child
Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child

Yeah

Comments