Have you ever been experienced.

Have you ever gotten together with anyone to read? Has anyone ever sat down , in a circle, and had someone read something to you, that was their original work?

Have you ever enjoyed anyone playing a song, that they wrote? Have you ever been outside to walk with someone who could tell you the genus and specific epithet of the plant you couldn't remember the name of?

Have you ever had someone that you could rely upon, no matter what? Someone who could be there for you even if you weren't there for yourself? Have you ever been with someone that made you feel so safe, that for the first time in your life, you knew that everything would work out just the way you dreamt of it, when you were little?

Have you ever been somewhere, where you felt the presence of god, strong and pure? A place where, the lines of power seem to radiate from the very earth? Have you ever been experienced?

Will you ever go there. Or will you stay where you are. Safe. In the promise of a new dawn over a land of burnt out people. Beauty hollow and false, where the arts themselves like classical music on the radio are almost nowhere to be found. Where art is simply a cut and paste job in a powerpoint presentation meant only to match the corporate logo. Will your spirit ever lift up off the road and fall down on the sea like a flash of green and fill up the sky with light.

Will you face death as you have faced life. Are you are a big fish in a small sea. Will all that you ever see. or seem remain but a dream. within. a dream.

I will not be here forever. But as long as I can stand. I will be here for you. I don't know why so please don't ask me. You stand by a gateway to something that I do not know and have never seen before. I will pass through that door.

Your friendship to me, matters more than all the gold in the world. Lets go do something together. Better still. Lets meet. You and I.

With the evening spread out against the sky. Like a patient. Etherized. upon the table. >:)

Comments

Anonymous said…
http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/wayoflife/08/21/reading.ap/index.html
The link above did not work for me, but no matter. I get your drift...

This was MY key in your message:

"I will not be here forever. But as long as I can stand. I will be here for you. I don't know why so please don't ask me. You stand by a gateway to something that I do not know and have never seen before. I will pass through that door."

and of that...."I don't know why so please don't ask me."

Like Lagonda, how DO you know this?