Fund. The. Experiment.
I see the best readers in the world here. Just grade A number one USDA approved. Submit! Don't say "hiss not my chob!" . You have to submit completely and willingly . And . When I say submit. I. mean. submit. To eternity. Act now. Operators are standing by. Subspace ticket not included. I ride the invisible pink unicorn. I grab her mane. She neighs.
- Poetry: Rattle The 2007 Prize. 5,000.00 USD. 10 1k second prize/ and honorable mention. 16.00 entry fee, covers cost of subscription 1 yr. Deadline: August 1. Electronic Submission ok.
- Prose: Glimmer Train Fiction Open. First prize, 2,000.00 USD. 2nd Prize 1k. biannual publication contract inclusive in first prize award, one year (likely non renewable) contract. A story of any length and theme. Entry fee 20.00. Deadline: July 15.
- Prose: National Book Foundation National Book Awards. 10,000.00 USD , three categories: poetry, fiction, creative non fiction. Four second place in ea. category, 1k award. Must be scheduled for publication this year (rainbow books publishing is probably ok) before November 30, 2007. Deadline for submission is August 15. Entry fee 125.00.
- Prose: New Millenium Biannual contest. 4 prizes of 1k ea. Fall deadline tbd. See website for details.
- Prose: Opium Magazine biennially awarded, this years prize: 1k, plus publication. for an autobiographical essay of less than 500 words. Daniel Handler is the judge this year. Google him. Deadline: July 11.
- Poetry: Spill de wine, take dat pearl - 1k prize for a book length collection of poetry. David Hernandez is de judge. Manuscripts length 48 to 64 pages. 20.00 entry fee will include the cost of a copy of the winning book. Deadline July 15.
- Poetry: Literal Latte . 1k, 2nd prize 300.00, 3rd. 200.00. Deadline July 15th. 2000 word maximum. (thanks karma lennon!!)
Off to my day job, where I will work to make the word "SLACK" a part of the HTML tag system and document type definition.