Ginga Densetsu Weed

My daughter is getting pretty heavily into this Anime Series Ginga Densetsu Weed. She hits the episodes off youtube, and watches them in Japanese. She can't read a word of Japanese, so she only watches subtitled episodes.

This is interesting to me, she has developed a highly selective form of taking entertainment. She sees entertainment as a kind of two-way street. She spends alot of time on the internet, but its mostly involved in a sort of intensely creative effort. Her interest in the Wolf Anime Ginga Densetsu Weed - is centered almost certainly on her ability to remember, reconstruct and use these older episodes in a popular AMV channel she has set up that transforms movies into rock video. She likes to listen to Three Days Grace, Linkin Park, and Evanescence. And Yo Yo Ma.

Her Generation had the internet, from day one. And not the kind of Internet that required assembly, care and feeding. She had tailored information feeds, operant and open search technology, streaming video, and vetted information sources. She was born in a world where there was working antivirus - and unsolicited email.

Its going to be interesting to see how all of this turns out.

I split my time between my work office and my home office, to be able to watch the kids while I work. Today, I drove home early with marshmallow Peeps. This is an after-easter tradition. She and I ran to the microwave together. This time, it was the cute little yellow ones. Twelve cents a pack. We also had little pink peep bunnies. Or. Had...:)

My daughter is back to watching wolves devour each other. One just ripped another apart and left him bleeding in the snow. He cried out .. "What did you just do?" ... and the wolf replied.. "Do you know how to spell 'Annoying'?"

Comments