Here's Where The Story Ends - The Sundays

People I know, places I go
Make me feel tongue-tied


I can see how-
people look down
(they're on the inside)



Here's
Where -
The Story Ends

People I see
Weary of me
(showing my good side )
I can see how
People look down -
I'm on the outside


Here's Where
The story ends
(Here's)
(Where)
(The story Ends )

It's that Little Souvenir
Of a Terrible Year

(Which makes my eyes feel soft)

Oh I never should have said,
The books that you read
Were all I loved you for


It's that little souvenir of a terrible year
Which makes me wonder why
And it's the memories of your shed
That make me turn red
surprise, surprise, surprise


Crazy I know, places I go
Make me feel so tired

I can see how people look down
I'm on the outside

Oh the devil in me said,
Go down to the shed
I know where I belong
but the only thing I ever really wanted to say
was wrong, was wrong - was wrong


It's that little souvenir of a colourful year
Which makes me smile inside
so I cynically, cynically say
The world is that way
surprise, surprise, surprise

Here's Where
The Story
Ends

Comments