The Unforgettable Fire - Bono Hewson

Ice
Your only rivers run cold
These city lights
They shine in silver and gold,
Dug from the night
Your eyes as black as coal


Walk on by, Walk on through,
Walk till you run.
And don't look back.
For here, I am.
Carnival, the wheels fly and the colors spin
through alcohol.
Red wine that punctures the skin.
Face to face in a dry and waterless place.
Walk on by, Walk on through
So sad to beseige your love so,
Head on, stay this time.
Stay tonight, in a lie.
I'm only asking but I
think that you know.


Come on take me away
Come on take me away
Come on take me home.
Home again


And if the mountain should crumble
or disappear into the sea
Not a tear, no not I
Stay in this time
Stay tonight in a light.
Ever after, this love in time.
And if you save it all,
Save your love
Don't push me too far
tonight.

Comments